Mischievous Monkey

There was once a monkey who lived in a forest. He was very clever and mischievous. He liked to play pranks on other animals and make fun of them. He had no friends and he did not care.
One day, he saw a rat running across the forest floor. He decided to have some fun with him. He jumped down from a tree and blocked his way. He said to the rat, "Hello, little one. Where are you going in such a hurry?" The rat was scared and said, "Please let me go. I have to find some food for my family." The monkey said, "Oh, really? And what kind of food do you eat?" The rat said, "I eat grains, seeds, fruits and nuts." The monkey said, "That sounds boring. Why don't you try something more exciting? Like this banana." He took out a banana from his pocket and peeled it. He said, "This is a delicious fruit. It is sweet and juicy. Here, have a bite." He offered the banana to the rat. The rat was tempted by the banana. He thought it looked tasty and he was hungry. He said, "Thank you for your kindness. I will try it." He took a bite of the banana. But as soon as he did, he felt a sharp pain in his mouth. He realized that the banana had a needle inside it. He cried out in pain and dropped the banana. He said, "Ow! Ow! Ow! What have you done? You have hurt me!" The monkey laughed and said, "Ha ha ha! That was a joke. Did you like it?" He said, "No, I did not like it. You are mean and cruel. You are not my friend." He ran away from the monkey as fast as he could. The monkey did not care. He said to himself, "That was fun. I wonder who else I can trick today." He looked around and saw a bear sleeping under a tree. He decided to have some fun with him too. He climbed up the tree and picked up a coconut. He aimed at the bear's head and threw the coconut at him. The coconut hit the bear's head with a loud thud. The bear woke up with a start and felt a terrible headache. He roared in anger and pain. He said, "Who did this? Who threw this coconut at me?" He looked up and saw the monkey on the tree. He said, "You! You did this! You are the one who threw this coconut at me!" The monkey said, "Yes, I did. And it was very funny. Did you enjoy it?" He said, "No, I did not enjoy it. You are rude and nasty. You are not my friend." He tried to climb up the tree to catch the monkey. But the monkey was too fast and agile for him. He jumped from one branch to another and taunted the bear. He said, "You are too slow and clumsy. You can never catch me." He laughed at the bear and made fun of him. The bear felt humiliated and frustrated. He gave up and walked away from the tree. The monkey did not care. He said to himself, "That was fun too. I wonder who else I can tease today." He looked around and saw a goat grazing on some grass. He decided to have some fun with her as well. He jumped down from the tree and approached her. He said to her, "Hello, pretty one. What are you doing here?" The goat looked at him and said, "I am eating some grass. It is good for my health." The monkey said, "Grass? That is all you eat? That is so dull. Why don't you try something more interesting? Like this flower." He took out a flower from his pocket and showed it to her. He said, "This is a beautiful flower. It is colorful and fragrant. Here, smell it." He offered the flower to the goat. The goat was curious about the flower. She thought it looked lovely and she liked its smell. She said, "Thank you for your compliment. I will smell it." She leaned forward to smell the flower. But as soon as she did, she felt a squirt of water on her face. She realized that the flower was actually a water gun disguised as a flower. She gasped in surprise and wetness. She said, "Ah! Ah! Ah! What have you done? You have soaked me!" The monkey laughed and said, "Ha ha ha! That was a prank. Did you like it?" She said, "No, I did not like it. You are silly and annoying. You are not my friend." She shook her head and tried to dry herself. She walked away from the monkey as fast as she could. The monkey did not care. He said to himself, "That was fun too. I wonder who else I can bother today." He looked around and saw no one else. He felt bored and lonely. He said to himself, "Maybe I should find some friends. But who would want to be friends with me? I have been so mean and rude to everyone." He felt sad and regretful. He wished he had been more kind and friendly to the other animals. He decided to change his ways and apologize to them. He went back to the rat and said, "I'm sorry for hurting you with the banana. It was a stupid thing to do. Can you forgive me?" The rat said, "I forgive you. But you have to promise me that you will never do such a thing again." The monkey said, "I promise. I will never do such a thing again." They became friends. He went back to the bear and said, "I'm sorry for hitting you with the coconut. It was a rude thing to do. Can you forgive me?" The bear said, "I forgive you. But you have to promise me that you will never do such a thing again." The monkey said, "I promise. I will never do such a thing again." They became friends. He went back to the goat and said, "I'm sorry for soaking you with the flower. It was a silly thing to do. Can you forgive me?" The goat said, "I forgive you. But you have to promise me that you will never do such a thing again." The monkey said, "I promise. I will never do such a thing again." They became friends. The monkey felt happy and relieved. He had learned his lesson and changed his ways. He had found some friends who liked him for who he was. He decided to be more kind and respectful to everyone. He lived happily ever after in the forest.

Comments